Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Quilter's Day Journal

A Quilter's Daybook for March 19th, 2009

for today, March 19th, 2009 ...

Outside My Sewing Room Window...a bluebird sits on the telephone line. it reminds me of last year and this post. since then, i hestitate to feed them the peanuts that they so dearly love. do you know that if you feed them, they get very 'mouthy' and will squawk and squawk until you bring them food. i love them, but they can be extremely demanding!


I am thinking...about what fabrics i want to use to make a 'secret' easter runner. hmmm???

I am thankful for...my son who is such a great help and is willing to take the baby in the morning and make breakfast for the kids when i'm exhausted and need just 15 minutes more sleep. thanks bub!!!

One of my Favorite things...is this clipboard that i made as a sample for an activity for the young women at church. it is a goal/thankful clipboard of sorts...

I am working on...the siggy blocks for the block swap i'm in. 5 down, 55 to go!!!

the bunny hill block of the month. here's block 3 in progress...

and here's block two that still needs leaves on one of the stems...

I am looking forward to...teaching the block of the month class on saturday. i have some cute things in store for them.

On the Longarm is...rosemarie's quilt. yes, still!!! how ridiculous is that!!!

i am SOOO behind!

A tip from the sewing room...i recently learned about mary ellen's spray starch and wanted to try it. yesterday i purchased some from the quilt shop and i must say, i LOVE it! no flaking and a great smell! now i need to make the cute cover and i'll be all set!!!


I thought I'd share... this little project i finshed today. the pattern is super old. it was really quick and easy and i love the saying 'merry eggs day'.

and one final thought that i want to share...

while driving to pick up bub from school today, the little princess boldly announced from the back seat, "mommy, if you drive too fast i can't look at all the flowers...could you go slower so i can see everything."

slow down and enjoy your surroundings!

love,

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Sherri said...

I love your quilter's day journal posts...I actually did one this week as well...and love your tisket a tasket blocks...you're using some of the same fabrics I am!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh, I do love your Quilter's Day Journal entries. I think my favourite picture you have shown here is the one with the bluebirds in it. I do love birds and that square is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your Quilter's Journal posts. And your siggy blocks look great! 5 with 55 to go is at least something. I'm in the swap, too, and I have made Zero! I've got to get started!

I'm also doing the Tisket Tasket; love your fabrics you're using. Are you using the spray starch you mentioned in the post ON the basket blocks or were your blocks just in the background for the picture?

Stina Blomgren said...

Thanks for a lovely post...love it very much...and I loved the Merry Egg Day framed little quilt...:o)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

May we all slow down....what a wise one you have!

Anonymous said...

I think I need to make that bunny hill quilt. Can you help? Bub is a great big brother you are lucxky to have him.

Miller Racing Family said...

I just love your quilter's day journal each week. You bring such a smile to my face daily.
Aren't you so thankful for family members who help out around the house. How they keep us from just totally losing it.
Also love the clipboard.
How Princess is so right, we are usually in such a hurry we just need the little ones to remind us to slow down.
Thanks for the great post.Have a blessed Friday

Katherine said...

I always love reading your quilter's day journal and seeing all of your beautiful things. I need to slow down and enjoy the flowers more too.

Nanette Merrill said...

I so wish I had time to make Anne's monthly applique. It isn't in my plan right now. So I love seeing what everyone else is doing. Nice job.