Saturday, January 24, 2009

Two of My Favorite Things

all together.
the local quilt shop is having a trunk show featuring one of my favorite quilt designers,
the shop is all decked out with her wonderful primitive quilts. so inspiring! if your in town stop by and if your interested in having one of your books signed by her, she will be having a book signing next thursday. i believe she's there from 11-1pm. in the mean time, here are a few pictures to spark your creativity.
LOVE IT!!!

so can i tell you that i have almost every one of cheri's patterns and every one of her books, it's a problem. the quilt above, crimson and clover is hanging (unfinished) on a ladder in my living room (you might have seen it on the home tour from christmas).

want to know something else...the 2 applique quilts in the picture above are started...not finished. i've completed the one on the far right, my country week, but i haven't quilted it and i am working on seasons. the santa quilt that's tucked in the left corner is proudly featured at christmas time. yes it's done. although, i wanted to get it done so i didn't put "merry christmas" on it as shown on the pattern.

and one more thing, i know...it's ridiculous, the quilt featured on the front of this book...you guessed it another unfinished project. i need to get my act together!!!

hope you enjoy the show. tell michelle, julie sent you!
(p.s. if you can't physically get to the shop, call them and they'll ship your product to you)

Posted by Picasa


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I love her patterns and wish I had every one. :-D Thanks for the pictures, though!!

Judy said...

OMG!!! Betty aka Fudge sent me over her to see pictures of your Cheri Trunk Show! I am a fellow cheri 'stalker" and I have almost all her books, and I counted...more than 50 of her patterns! I haven't done some of the older things from the books eyt, but so many of them are on my list to get done this year...loads of them in fact!

THANKS so much for the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Well, I may just have to plan a trip to come down there for this! I love that shop!

Kim Henkel said...

darn that I missed it. Love her. She has a new book out? I need to call her...been a while. wish she were on the computer more...think greg goes on for her. love your sweet little blog. thanks for the post on my blog. hope i can keep up again...so behind.

Taryn said...

I love Cheri's patterns AND the Fat Quarters shop. I can't make it to the trunk show since I am 3,000 miles away. I cannot wait to get back to Vista! Hopefully, I'll get there this fall.