Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh Happy Day

here at the isa home. i love when my kids are happy. nothing gives me greater joy than seeing pure joy radiate from the faces of my children.

today was a great day!

first (and i don't have a picture, sigh...) sissy faxed her application in and paid her deposit on an apartment in utah. her official move in date is may 5th. she is SO excited to be going away to college and being on her own. i am very excited for her, but at the same time my heart is heavy. my mind is racing...what haven't i taught her...what will she need...i need to put a recipe book together...i need to make lists. ahhhhh!

puter, if you read this...i love you and i know without a shadow of a doubt that this is what and where you need to be going. i know you'll be successful in all the things you put your mind to. you are talented and strong and you are great! focus and stay the course!

ok, now that i got that off my chest...let me share with you the reason for the happy smile on bub's face.

if you don't already know, bub loves nothing more than to ride motorcycles. he has been since he was 3. for a long time now he has wanted to go from his current yz80 to a yz125, but he needed to grow alittle and save a lot. well, he grew a lot and saved some and somehow he found a great deal on craigs list. long story short. the bike needed a ton of work, the parts (ok the engine)finally came in and bob stayed up until 3 am last night(well, this morning) to get all 600 pieces put together and running. the sound of the engine running put a smile on bub's face that i'm not sure i've ever seen before. i heard him say as he was going to bed, "this was a great day!"

it's been a good day, a very good day.

goodnight all.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I sit here crying I realize that Chelise is not the little girl that I use to do so many things with. She is know a lady and ready to move on in her life. I am very sad to think she will be leaving us but and so proud of her and know she will do so well in school and on her own. Julie you and Shawn have done an amazing job with her and she will do great. As for Bub can we put a governer on that bike. Be safe Gavin and enjoy you have worked so hard for that bike and no one deserves it more than you. Love you all. Aunt Suz

Katherine said...

I'm so happy for all of you! That's such big news for both Chelsie and Gavin. How exciting for Chelsie! I have the best memories of college. I have to say I'm a little envious. She'll do so well up there.
Yes, you do need to put together a cook book---and make a few extra copies. :)

Kristina said...

Just make sure you send her with my phone number. If she needs anything, I am sure we can help. We are about an hour from Provo, and we have 4 nieces that live in Provo.
Kristina

Thimbleanna said...

What a cute picture! I enjoyed reading a bit about your family. I sent my boys off to college with a painted wooden sign that said "Remember to Call Home" and they actually hung them!