Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What 'cha Doin Wednesday

boy do i have a treat for you today!
the little princess, the baby and i went to a friends house today...
not only is she super sweet, but she is the most creative home decorator i know!
seriously, country living needs to hire her!
she recently moved into this new home and i thought i'd take you along with me as i toured her beautiful home!!!
grab some lemonade (it's hot here) and follow me...
welcome in
the play room is to your left. the kiddos can play dress up, if they'd like...

isn't her living room to die for!!! i must tell you before i forget, she has done EVERYTHING herself. trim, painting, cabinets...everything.

with that said, let's continue.

her attention to detail is what impresses me the most.


and i just love her collections. most of them are just like this one.

lets go upstairs.

she has 3 of the cutest girls and they are truly lucky that she is so talented.

your just going to pee!

the first bedroom on the tour, is holly's. so stinkin' cute! she cut out the wall art and you can't tell by the picture but the curtain rod is a birch branch.

this is on the opposite wall.

the next room is grace's. she's the oldest and she likes to sew and stitch. a girl after my own heart!

and look how cute that green janome is! i don't think you can tell by the picture, but the trim is old wooden rulers and the curtain rod ends are wooden spools.

and see this...it's a fairy house! shut up, i know...the little princess LOVED it!

last, but not least, is mary's room.
she's just like the little princess, she loves all things girly.
and those roses, yep, carrie made them. cut them out of wood, painted them and hung them.
oh, and she did the trim, too!
and we cannot go another minute without showing you the girls bathroom.
it's the cutest thing i've EVER seen. seriously!!!

again...the detail is amazing!
don't you LOVE the chalk board!

and speaking of detail, check out the 'ruffled' trim in the shower area.
it's meant to duplicate the ruffle on the shower curtain if you didn't notice!
the window is framed with an old wood window frame, i know...she's my hero!
she didn't think her room was worth a photo...i beg to differ!

and before you go, here's a peek at her back yard...

i hope you enjoyed the tour. we'll have to do it again at the holidays!

love,


Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh my....there are two of you in this world.:) So amazing! LOVE the chalkboard idea in the bathroom. Beautiful home. I want to take a nap there.

Marie Rayner said...

Oh gosh, I just love her house. Such wonderful details. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I think she's a very talented woman!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Wow...amazing! It looks like something that could be in a magazine!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks so much for the tour...she's is very talented! Loved the ironing board and the girls bedrooms, so pretty.
Rondell

Jeanette said...

I was thinking what DomesticDivasFancy said, it looks like it belongs in a magazine!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Awesome house tour...thanks for bringing me along!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is so beautiful. She is so super talented and I agree that she should be featured in a magazine. Thanks for sharing with us!
Sarah

aunt suz said...

I love it.

Miller Racing Family said...

How I wish I could come and see this house. Thanks for sharing the pictures. She is very talented. I love all the paintings and the watering cans.
I just wanted to let you know I just gave you a most deserved award, come check it out when you have time!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing the tour of your friend's home...I enjoyed every photo....Will look forward to seeing it during the holidays...you girls are too talented.....Joanne

Sherri said...

What a wonderful tour...I loved every room and everything in it! Thanks for sharing such wonderful photos!

Mom said...

I want to move! Okay, so the next time you visit ask if I can come too and would she be interested in giving me some ideas for my house. Love it.
Mom

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Thanks for the tour Julie! Your friend's home is absolutely amazing. I love it all! So light and bright!

XOXO
Jen

dotti white said...

WOW! I am going to have to look at this over and over again. She likes to decorate the way I do. Her house is stunning. I would love to have those roses in my house. Thank you so much for sharing your friend's home with all of us! Have a great weekend!

kouklaville said...

yep..you were right...thats all I can say

Elizabeth said...

The house is beautiful - I absolutely LOOOOVE the fairy door!

Julz said...

All I can say is AMAZING - what a beautiful home, congrat's to your very talented friend. Hugs Jx