Wednesday, April 01, 2009

What'cha Doin' Wednesday

a couple gals asked to see the full may day quilt.
so, before i share with you my day, i thought i'd share this photo with you.

now on to business...
i quilted this quilt for a client (and cousin) of mine.
she'll be surprised to get it before halloween.

and i started this one.

once i was done 'working' i decided to get a couple easter projects finished.
the kids are on spring break for the next 2 weeks so while i quilted and bound these 2 projects.

the little princess and the baby played in the sewing room.

i gave the her a notebook, a tub of scrap paper and modge podge
and let her make her own art notebook.
she was thrilled!

and while we worked on our projects the baby had a good time playing with my fabric scraps.
he got this pieced wrapped around him like a scarf and it dragged behind him through his legs. we got a kick out of it and he got a kick out of himself.

i did manage to get a couple loads of laundry done and make my bed,
but the kitchen didn't fair so well.
i was grateful to my mother-in-law when she called and asked if we would like some turkey patties that she made...yeah i can check off dinner!
now...i've got to clean up this mess before bob gets home.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Millie said...

Julie, thank you so much for sharing all your lovely quilts. Spring, Fall and great scrappy ones too, what a great variety.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

May day quilt...oh yah....nice.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What beautiful projects! Everything is so pretty. And so nice that you didn't have to worry about dinner - yay!

XOXO
Jen

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- looks like you had a wonderful, productive day! I love that May Day quilt -- so bright and springy!

Jeanette said...

I left a comment yesterday, but it didn't show up. Oh well... I love all of your projects, as usual. I'm jealous of your green trees and grass (We still have snow here, ugh!) Your easter projects are so cute!! The quilt you have ready to quilt looks interesting, too.

I finished my J.S. quilt blocks for the month, too. So, I'm all caught up. Thanks!! Have a good day!

Needled Mom said...

Great projects. I really like the egg and Halloween quilts.

I'm glad to see that you have the wee ones involved already. One can never start this process too early!!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Lots of pretty things in your photos!

Mistea said...

The quilts are gorgeous, love the halloween one, so simple and effective. Good to see the children enjoying the creative space. Enjoy the break.

Judy said...

Oh it's time for my easter quilt to go up! Your quilts turned out very lovely and I like the May Day quilt. Was that a kit? I think Libby (Simple Girl) has one that looks like almost the exact same fabrics! SO yummy!

Katherine said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!! :)