Saturday, April 04, 2009

Easter Treats

umm, time is flying by way to fast...
easter is in a week! holy cow!!!
my sister and i are trying to figure out what we are doing, but one thing is for sure,
we'll need an easter dessert.

so i've searched high and low and here's a few ideas
(i thought i'd share them with you,
just in case your like me and wondering where the heck the time has gone...)
this totally cute cake comes compliments of country living.
the recipe and instructions are here.

this yummy custard cake is a South African recipe that i found here.

and i'm a sucker for cupcakes so i couldn't resist this idea from william sonoma


and this simple but cute idea that i found here.

which ever dessert you decide to make, i hope you are able to share it with those you love.

8 comments:

Deb said...

Julie,those cup cakes look like great fun to make but the custard cake looks like could be calling out trouble, I can just see custard everywhere. Definitely think I will have a go at the cupcakes though-of course presentation is everything isn't it.

MandMStudio said...

Those coconut cupcakes look great:)

Millie said...

Julie I just love this posting of yours. All the Easter ideas you shared with us. I like them all, but the custard cake grabbed my attention. I am a South African living in Texas, so I just have to make the custard cake. Thank you so much for sharing all the recipes too.

Pat said...

Yum! They all look soooo good!

Heidi Boos said...

These all look like so much fun! I haven't thought about dessert either, so I best be figuring that part out!

Sherri said...

Thanks for the reminder...I'd better get to thinking about dessert!!!

Thimbleanna said...

I can't believe it's only a week away! I'm still at Valentine's Day. I haven't even decorated for Easter...and I think at this point, I'll just skip it this year -- So Sad!

Katherine said...

Those all look great. But I've got to say I'm partial to the cupcakes--especially the egg in the coconut ones. Those look mighty tasty to me. Might have to try those. Hope you enjoyed your conference weekend. So sad to have missed class on Friday.