Monday, April 20, 2009

It's HOT!!!

94 degrees HOT!!!
and if i was normal i'd be at the beach with my friend and her kids...
but i'm not...
not normal and not at the beach! have you read my sidebar? i don't like the beach. well really, i hate the sticky, yucky, sand that makes it's way into every crevice of my car and home. AHHH!!!
saturday, sissy took the boys to the beach and just downloading the pictures makes me cringe.
i mean look at his bumand his feet!

they buried my poor baby up to his chin. apparently he loved it!

and what the heck is bub doing???

man boobs are really not that attractive. i should tell him!

i was super grateful for sissy to take them, because they really had a good time and i had an empty house :). i will say, though, that there is still sand in my car, in my bath tub, on the changing table and somehow it got into my bed.

oh, and...

the baby ate some, so guess where else i'm finding the sand! yep...you guessed it!!!

oh. i. hate. sand!!!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

hmmm, you would not like my house, I love to play in the sand, and we use GLITTER!!!!

Beth said...

Now Julie, no one hates sand and dirt more then me! I would not give back the days at the beach with my boys (3 of them) for anything. I know that the sand lasts for a long time...but the memories and the laughs, we still talk about the last hot dog and washing it off with root beer after it dropped in the sand so we could eat it! Don't you like to play in the waves?

xoBeth

Thimbleanna said...

Get the to a shrink!!! You have beach nearby -- are you nuts??? I'd be in heaven if I lived near a beach. Although, given the choice between beach or mountains -- I take mountains any old day!

Miller Racing Family said...

I so agree with you on the sand. I hate the feel and you just can't seem to get rid of it. I would though like the warm temperatures and the lazy day at the beach. They say the temperatures will get into the 70's this week, lets hope! But I would also love the day at home without anyone else! Donnie usually gives me at least an evening a week by myself. Hope you have a great Monday!

Rachel said...

AMEN! my sister lives at the beach and I just don't know how she does it. apparently some people really like sand. I am not one of those people either.

Katherine said...

I LOVE being at the beach---but not necessarily getting covered in sand. I know exactly what you mean about the sand being EVERYWHERE. It drives me crazy too. You should try walking at the beach---on the seawall around sunset. That's when I especially LOVE it. (No sand problems there.):)

Aunt Suz said...

great photos. I wish I was there.