Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring was the Theme

for today's quilt class...



and nothin' says spring like daisies


and daffodils!

(thanks for the idea, thimbleanna!)

i think daffodils are my new favorite flower...

another favorite thing of mine is my block of the month class, i really am enjoying it!!! i love being with friends and finding fun things like daffodils to let them know i appreciate them. speaking of appreciation...did you celebrate husband appreciation day???

(bob, if you read this...)

you are the BEST!

i APPRECIATE you!!!

(as i'm writing this post, you are tucking the little princess in bed and singing the itsy, bitsy spider, so sweet)

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Katherine said...

That is so sweet. Everything you touch turns to gold. So pretty...:)

Karen Riddle said...

He sings that to me as well when we go riding out in the desert. I think I feel a tear coming. Seriously, he is an awesome Dad! :)

Thimbleanna said...

Just perfect! Bright, and yellow and spring-y!!! Those cupcakes look AWESOME!!!

mom said...

Okay,
So I think the Friday night class may be taking a back seat to your Block of the month class. Very Cute, and I'm enjoying the Daffodils, Poppie wants to know where his cupcake is.
Bob you are a great Dad.
Love Mom

Rachel said...

I think I need to find your quilt classes! Those cupcakes...wow...I want those.

Aunt Suz said...

Julie you are so inspiring. I wish I had a reason to make those cute cupcakes for people.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh no - I didn't even know there was a husband appreciation day! Maybe Jeff will never find out.

Your cupcakes are so cute! They look yummy!

XOXO
Jen

Miller Racing Family said...

WOW, girl if I am every in your next of the woods I am so dropping by to meet you and coming to a quilting class. Love the cupcakes. Daisy and tulips are my favorite flowers.
We did the husband appreciation day. As I said before it was on Donnie's birthday, so we celebrate husbands earlier in the week.
Hope you had a great weekend!

Sara F. said...

Those cupcakes are precious!