Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Snowman Party

was my attempt at a belated christmas party for my quilt class.
for one reason or another i could not find a night, in december, to hold a christmas party so i came up with this idea.
i would hold a snowman party in january and exchange snowman gifts, make a snowman gift, and have snowman decorations.

well...i was able to set the tables with snowman paper goods.


i couldn't find a cute snowman gift to make so we made these sweet mini dresden plate blocks and framed them.

i actually liked this project. everyone was able to get it done and that is success.


i wanted to make these out of rice krispy treats , but i didn't have the time.


i made this snowman purse that i posted earlier for my gift exchange and the gift i ended up with is a set of large stinkin' cute mugs and dish towels.

i had so many other ideas that i just wasn't able to pull together. but...i must say it was a hit and will be our class tradition for now on.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh I missed out. It hurt to look at all of you cute snowman things. At least I get to make the cute little dresden plate block. I already have my cute frame. Thanks for all you do Julie. You are so talented---and so generous.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Wow - it looks like your snowman party was wonderful! What a great idea to have it in January when everything is a little blah. So cute!

Jen

Betty aka Fudgie said...

hey...plz send me the info for the plates...what size and what did you frame them with? Looks like a plastic plate?

Thimbleanna said...

What a great idea! I love snowmen too -- I have several that I want to make, but just never seem to have the time! I've loved your snowman posts!