Sunday, February 07, 2010

Best EVER Tortilla Soup

a week or so ago, i was pleasantly surprised when a good friend stopped by with {6} pre-made meals from a group of dinner divas! i was grateful for their generosity! there is nothing better than having meals ready to go, especially when the last thing you want to do is cook! well there is something better...
when you find that the meal is DELICIOUS!!!


that's what we found when we cooked up a wonderful tortilla soup made by lisa! i thought i'd share her recipe with you.

Tortilla Soup Recipe
1/2 onion
1/2 tsp garlic minced
4 tsp cilantro chopped
1 tsp butter
30 oz chicken stock
1 sm can tomato sauce
1/2 pkg taco seasoning
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can corn
1 Tbls worcestershire sauce
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
salt & pepper to taste
2 handfuls tortilla chips
1/2 can diced chilies
put all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
shred chicken with a fork before serving and garnish with additional chips, sour cream and cheese.
enjoy!

{and just as a side note...my kids devoured it!}




7 comments:

Taryn said...

I made tortilla soup a long time ago and lost my recipe. I cannot wait to try yours. It really looks scrumptious.

Jeanette said...

Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to try it as soon as I get all of the ingredients.

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow that looks wonderful. Since it is in the crock pot you know I will have to try it.
Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

This looks great! Thanks Julie!

Gari in AL said...

This sound so good. Off to the store first thing tomorow morning so I can get the crock pot going. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Tried this and it is the BEST EVER! Thanks for sharing.