Monday, October 19, 2009

A Handmade Halloween

halloween
is by far a close first to christmas when it comes to decorating.
i LOVE black, orange and white quilts
as well as, the much loved gifts from my mom.

this year my mom made this for my sister and i...
isn't it cute!

my favorites are the simple black and orange quilts.

and i will always love the primitive quilts and stitcheries.

the problem is, there are so many quilts, so many stitcheries and so very little time...

p.s. donna, the cupcake holder is really some type of egg holder that i got at a local nursery years ago. i don't even know what it's originally intended for, but i love it...

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

I love, love, LOVE that cute b&w pinwheel quilt!!!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Beautiful, I love all of your quilts!

Kelly O. said...

I really like your halloween style!
So much of it can be so gory these days!

That little quilt with the boo on it is soooo sweet!
What is it hanging on? A mini quilt holder?
what size is that quilt or is it more like a block?
listen to me typing away my 20 questions! Chatty I am today ;0)thanks,
enjoying your blog as always :)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Wonderful quilts...I just love them all!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Anonymous said...

Oh...just wonderful and all so pretty!!

Marie Rayner said...

Love, LOVE your autumn treasures, especially the mini quilt!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi! First time to your blog! I just love your post today and your quilts, and then the handmade Halloween. This is right up my alley. What great decorations!
Have a great day!
Debbie

Jennifer said...

I love the quilts! Your pinwheels are fabulous!

Millie said...

Beautiful quilts and the Pinwheel quilt with black background is so cute...lovely table ecoration too!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Gorgeous quilts, and your photographs are so inspiring! ;)