Thursday, June 04, 2009

Quilter's Daybook

A Quilter's Day Book
for today, Thursday, June 4th, 2009

Outside my sewing room window...
my poor, sweet remington is completely annoyed by the puppy.
hang in there old man, she'll grow up...
(anyone want a really cute puppy???)
I am thinking...that once all our projects are done, i'm not ever going to want to leave.

I am thankful...for friends who are willing to give of their time and talent.

On the longarm...is alex's quilt. great colors!!!



I am working on...redecorating the bathroom. for the last 13 years i have hated the green sink and tub. thanks to urban chicks, i am now embracing the color and i am so very happy that my very favorite fabric matches perfectly!!! i made a changing pad cover with the oh' so sweet fabric!


One of my favorite things...is this quilt. i love it for several reasons. i love red, i love cheri, and i love crows, flags and flowers!


I thought I'd share...this book. It is a great book, very reasonable (I think it was $12) and it has a lot of quick, cute and simple projects.


a tip from the sewing room...when laying out your quilt. number your rows by pinning flower head pins (numbered) to the top of each row.

i hope you have a great day!!!



Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Carol said...

What a great tip, using the flower head pins for numbering. Beats my post-it-notes that sometimes fly away. Thanks for sharing.

Thimbleanna said...

Awwww. Poor Remington! Can't wait to see your bathroom!

Darlene said...

I love your flower head tip - such an obvious idea - what have I been thinking? LOL

I'm crazy about the Cheri quilt with the baskets, crows and flags - pattern???? Please!

Thanks for sharing!

Mackenzie said...

ok i soo love that fabric you are using in the bathroom!

dotti white said...

That is so "sweet" that you are using that fabric. I just got some that I am going to be making a quilt out of--I am very excited about that! Have a wonderful weekend!

kesli said...

I really want to have the pattern used for Alex's quilt. Do you know where I can find it? Just email me if you know. Thanks.

Marie Rayner said...

As always I loved your Quilter's day book and I ADORE that quilt on your long arm! What a beauty! Lucky Alex!

Nanette Merrill said...

Every single picture is a joy to look at. Love it.