i am suppose to list 7 things that make me Awe-Summ and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers that i love and link back to the wonderful queen who tagged me.
2. this man. i've know him since i was 14 years old and he has definetly made an impact on who i've become and who i want to be.
3. my children. they have made me strong, selfless, forgetful, happy, motivated, mature, and often exhausted.
3. desire. i have a desire to be a better wife, mother, friend, and example today than i was yesterday.
4. the people in my life. family, friends, passer-by's, the folks at mc donalds (an inside joke, but not really) if you think about it, it's obvious that your family and close friends have an impact on who you are and what you will become, but so do those random people that you interact with on a daily basis. how do you treat them? do you say hi or pretend you didn't see them? what example do you set for your children in these situations? i'm certainly not saying that i'm nice to everyone...some people irritate the heck out of me. tolerance is difficult sometimes, but kindness matters even to those we pass on this road we call life.
5. my hobbies have allowed me to express my creative side. not everyone appreciates or likes the things that i like and that's totally ok. what matters is that i find joy and a sense of accomplishment from doing what i do. the best part is when i am able to share my talent with others and vice versa.
6. being willing. being willing to give, to serve, to help, to listen, to be honest, to learn, to try and try again.
7. knowing that i am certainly not perfect, being ok with who i am at this moment and being the best person i can be to those who the Lord puts on my path. sometimes it's a struggle and i i suck at it, but i recognize the mistakes i make and am thankful when i wake up to a bright new day!
that's it. thanks again tanya for the award. i'd love for anyone who reads to this point to do this. it through me for a loop when i saw that i had to acknowledge that i could be awesome but it was a good experience that you all could benefit from.
have a wonderful day!
p.s. (we'll see who reads this to the end...) as you may have noticed, i have never put my picture on here. there is a simple reason for that...i hate my picture taken!!!
i will say, however, that a fabulous photographer has taken our family photos and she did a great job capturing my family. i don't even hate the pictures of me. so with that said, if you'd like to see them, they are on her blog. you can click here to see them and if you happen to be in our area and need a photographer, let me tell you. she's great!!!