Monday, May 11, 2009

Me...

awe-summ???
thanks tanya for the award.
(i'm at a loss for words, which for me, is a rarity!)

i am suppose to list 7 things that make me Awe-Summ and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers that i love and link back to the wonderful queen who tagged me.

here I go...
what makes me Awe-summ???
(i'm not sure that any of these make me awesome, but they do make me who i am and to some that may mean awesome, to others...oh well...)
1. my relationship with my Heavenly Father. this quote from a favorite country song says it all, "I know Jesus, and I talk to God." and best of all, he listens...

2. this man. i've know him since i was 14 years old and he has definetly made an impact on who i've become and who i want to be.

(bob)

3. my children. they have made me strong, selfless, forgetful, happy, motivated, mature, and often exhausted.

(sissy)

(bub)

(the little princess)
(the baby)

3. desire. i have a desire to be a better wife, mother, friend, and example today than i was yesterday.

4. the people in my life. family, friends, passer-by's, the folks at mc donalds (an inside joke, but not really) if you think about it, it's obvious that your family and close friends have an impact on who you are and what you will become, but so do those random people that you interact with on a daily basis. how do you treat them? do you say hi or pretend you didn't see them? what example do you set for your children in these situations? i'm certainly not saying that i'm nice to everyone...some people irritate the heck out of me. tolerance is difficult sometimes, but kindness matters even to those we pass on this road we call life.

5. my hobbies have allowed me to express my creative side. not everyone appreciates or likes the things that i like and that's totally ok. what matters is that i find joy and a sense of accomplishment from doing what i do. the best part is when i am able to share my talent with others and vice versa.

6. being willing. being willing to give, to serve, to help, to listen, to be honest, to learn, to try and try again.

7. knowing that i am certainly not perfect, being ok with who i am at this moment and being the best person i can be to those who the Lord puts on my path. sometimes it's a struggle and i i suck at it, but i recognize the mistakes i make and am thankful when i wake up to a bright new day!

that's it. thanks again tanya for the award. i'd love for anyone who reads to this point to do this. it through me for a loop when i saw that i had to acknowledge that i could be awesome but it was a good experience that you all could benefit from.

have a wonderful day!

p.s. (we'll see who reads this to the end...) as you may have noticed, i have never put my picture on here. there is a simple reason for that...i hate my picture taken!!!

i will say, however, that a fabulous photographer has taken our family photos and she did a great job capturing my family. i don't even hate the pictures of me. so with that said, if you'd like to see them, they are on her blog. you can click here to see them and if you happen to be in our area and need a photographer, let me tell you. she's great!!!

18 comments:

Kelly O. said...

Oh my Julie! You're beautiful!

Ellyn said...

you're gorgeous! Your whole family is, but loved seeing what you look like & knowing you are as beautiful on the outside as you obviously are on the inside

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You take awesome photos and the the photos of you are beautiful!
(And that's one entire good looking family, by the way!)

Heiting pondering's said...

those are great photos! Now I can put a face to your name, I love following your blog:) so many great inspirations!

Thimbleanna said...

OHMYGOSH!!!! AYKM???? YOU'RE ADORABLE. If I were 1/2 as cute as you, I'd be taking my picture ALL the time!!!

(And hehe, look at all these people who really DO read all the way to the end!)

Beth said...

OK, I peeked at that precious family...I already know what you look like!!
You are as pretty on the outside as you are on the inside Julie. What wonderful pictures!

Beth B.

Craig said...

"folks at McDonalds".....classic! You are awesome. Waiting for the shamwow post. :)

Unknown said...

What a lucky lady (in Gods love) that you have such a wonderful and beautiful family :)
Keep those amazing and happy smiles always ;)
M

Kritta22 said...

What a beautiful family you have!!!

What a great award!! Congrats!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

You are awe-summ Julie. I love how that sparkles - cool! What a good list. I love those pictures of your kiddos - so cute!

XOOX
Jen

dotti white said...

Julie--I love the awesome things that you shared about your life. You are awesome! I also absolutely loved your photos! I am one who hates to have my picture taken. It is a very rare picture that I like--so what you see is about as good as it gets! LOL Have a great week!

kesli said...

I can't believe how big your kids are! You have such a beautiful family and that is because they have you for a mother.

Miller Racing Family said...

Girl, you so deserve this award. I totally love reading your blog each day.
I also love your photos. They were all wonderful. I love the picture of your family standing in the field. Also the ones with you and your husband are so great. You have such a wonderful family!
Have a blessed day!

Deb said...

Julie, those photos are absolutely beautiful. You are a beautiful woman and should feel proud to have your photo shown, stunning! You are a gorgeous looking family.

Marie Rayner said...

Congrats on the award Julie! You so deserve it. You have such a beautiful family and you are gorgeous! What wonderful family photos. I wish I had some nice ones of my own family when they were growing up. that would have been lovely. Alas . . . I do not.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Julie, your family is beautiful and you should be glad to take pictures. You and your oldest daughter look a lot a like.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

mom said...

Julie,
Now what did I tell you this morning ! My Point has been proven, just look at all these comments. Yes, you are truly beautiful on the inside as much as the outside! I was touched the most by your admiration of Bob, he has always ranked way up there on my scale. Stay on this chosen path of your's, it's been a gift just as you are gift to us.
love you, mom

Julie Dawn said...

Your family is SO amazing! Thank you for the referrals... you guys were SO much fun to photograph! Love looking at your BLOG!