amongst the chaos of today!
i know i' not alone when i say that there are days when i just want to curl up in a ball and hide. it's my own fault, i put waayyy too much on my plate. i can't help it, it all sounds so fun at the time. i want to design a halloween quilt and i want to teach classes and i want to make fun treats and i want to ... blah, blah, blah. that's what today turned into...blah!!!
it was simply a combination of waaayyy too much to do, a husband who's out of town, a miserable, teething baby, children who can't seem to get along and a quilt class at home with the children running here, there and everywhere. argueing, crying, screaming, running.
"my house is NOT your jungle gym" i yelled...
it didn't help...
so as i finally get a chance to sit down, i realized that there was some good that emerged amongst the chaos.
1. my house AND my sewing room got clean! yeah!!!
2. just when i was about to have a melt down because i wasn't going to have enough time to do the baking needed for tonight's class, i ran into one of my students who offered to make cookies. yeah!!!
3. did i already say that i got my sewing room cleaned??? that was a BIGGY! as i mentioned before, we've (bob & i) have been working on re-vamping the sewing room and it was a DISASTER!!! i honestly didn't think i was going to be able to have class here tonight! now i can focus on getting the projects done.
4. tonight's quilt class was the joseph smith bom. this month's block was 'true love's knot'. i enjoyed studying the lesson that went along with it. very touching.
5. i got to spend time with friends and do something that i love.
i need to remind myself that it could be worse. it's important to find the good, even when i don't feel like it. it's like that saying...when you are to upset to pray that's when you need to the most!
p.s. do to the craziness of this week and me losing my marbles, what'cha doin wednesday and my quilter's day book will not be posted this week. i am looking forward to next week when i can show you all the projects we've been working on over here! stay tuned and have a great week...