Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Aren't You Over Reacting, Mom?"



{yes...these are gavin's feet as of today.}

monday, for fhe, we went swimming at nana & pa's. one thing led to another and gavin jumped onto the end of the slide breaking it in half and cutting up his left foot. i was mad. i had had it. bleeding, or no bleeding i was irritated. {ugh!}

later that night gavin says to me, mom don't you think you over reacted just a bit???
here was my reply...

gavin, since the baby was born {5 months} you have crashed your motorcycle resulting in a concussion, you have caught the hairs on your leg and arms on fire with a butane torch, you were ran over by a sand rail {see right foot, still not healed!}, you were messing around with your cousin tripped, fell back and broke your aunt's table in half, and now you broke nana & pa's pool slide. do you think i over reacted???

gavin {with a huge grin}...i'm sorry mom, i understand.

gavin, can we pleeassse get through the year without one more thing??? please?

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Oh man!!!! I agree with you. Please let nothing else happen!!!

Kristie said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Is this what I have to look forward to as my kids grow???

Marie Rayner said...

Oh gosh. Julie, every grey hair in my head came from raising 5 teenagers, three of them boys! They have no sense of their own mortality, and sometimes it would seem that they have no brains! This phase does pass thankfully!! And hopefully before they do any lasting damage to themselves! xxoo

Unknown said...

Male + teen + fhe = a promise of excitement.

I was *almost* glad when my boys didn't want to do fhe activites, just hang out and pick a verse/discussion. Plus the snack part, of course.

Good luck!