Monday, July 13, 2009

It's My Life

welcome back!
hope your week is been off to a great start!
here are this week's family history questions.

1. Can you remember what you daydreamed about as you looked out of your bedroom window? I don't remember daydreaming but I do remember the scary tree limb that took the form of a dangling leg in the dark. It scared me almost every night even though I knew what it was. I thought that if I kept my entire body covered head to toe the 'scary monsters' wouldn't be able to get me.

2. What was your parents' room like? The beds, the bedspreads, the easy chairs? Did you spend much time in there with them? Were you allowed to rest in their beds when you were sick? I don't remember how my mom & dad's room was decorated. They had their bed facing a sun room that was my mom's sewing room that led to the back yard. There was a tv on the dresser next to the bed and I remember watching the Wizard of Oz with my mom. When I was sick I would lay on the couch in the living room, watch tv and eat ice cream. as a child my mom would rub my forehead with a cool cloth.

3. Was there music in your house? Do you remember it being a quiet house or one filled with noise? When I was older and my mom ws married to Tom, I remember jazz music always playing. That's what I think of when I think of home. It was quiet. Just me and my sister. I enjoyed going to 'Bob's' house because there was always a bunch of people there and a lot going on.

4. Was there any place in your house that scared you? The basement? The attic? Or anyplace where you felt cozy, like halfway down the stairs? I don't remember anything scary except for the tree limb. I always found the couch in the family room to be my favorite spot. Usually with an afghan and a dog on my lap.

have a fabulous day!


No comments: