Friday, March 23, 2012

Watcha doin'???

i haven't been much of a {blogger} these days...
but there has been a lot going on. mostly quilting. lots of quilting.
my mom came and stayed with us last week. she was hoping i could get caught up.
it was a nice thought.
i thought i'd share with you a couple of the projects i'm working on
i'm almost done with the applique on the flower bucket quilt.
this is a picture of lynda hall's wallhanging from a little porch time book
and today i started this quilt
it's by renee plains in her schoolhouse quilt book
AND...
i {finally} did it! i made homemade laundry detergent!
{photo from great oak circle}
i've done a couple loads and i'm lovin' it.
oh...and because my midnight madness class is tomorrow, i made coconut cream cupcakes, homemade buttermilk brownies and prepped the chicken veggie soup.
i'll share all the fun soon...
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Cathy said...

I LOVE your watering can quilt! It's absolutely gorgeous!

Cathy ♥

Marie Rayner said...

Sounds like a busy time. I love the watering can quilt as well! You're so talented! xxoo

mary calton said...

i think, in all fairness, if you are gonna list things that you are making that there should be a complete recipe included! Love the quilts, i bet you added the birdies to the watering can!

sand said...

I love the watering can I have to do this! Love to read all you do. Debbie

Gayle said...

Here's another comment gushing over the watering can quilt. Lynda is one of my favorite designers!

Gayle said...

Here's another comment gushing over the watering can quilt. Lynda is one of my favorite designers!

The Wooden Acorn said...

Perhaps not much time for blogging, but good to see you are finding time for fun. Thats the way it should be. Love your work.

Smiles - Valerie

Thimbleanna said...

Those are super cute projects Julie -- I love the quilt with the numbers on it. Hope you had fun at midnight madness!

Christine said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your laundry soap! I am loving looking around your blog, nice work!
Christine
Great Oak Circle