Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just in the nick of time!

sissy is college bound. we (me, the little princess, my mom and sissy) leave for utah tomorrow at 4 am and i am happy to announce that i just washed and dried sissy's quilt for her new home with a pillow case to match. awhile ago she fell in love with paula prass's new fabric line, summer soiree. i have to admit, it's fabulous! given that sissy is turning twenty in a couple weeks, we thought it would be appropriate to make that quilt. i like it because it shows off the fabric so well and it was QUICK!

it's been a while since i've blogged. this pregnancy has taken it's toll on me, but i think the morning sickness is finally coming to an end. i haven't thrown up in a few days. that's a good sign! there are so many posts that need to be posted, but they'll have to wait. i'm in a mad dash to get the house cleaned and the laundry done before the days end.

i hope you all are having a great summer! i look forward to blogging again and catching up with all of you (if your still there...)
Font size
take care!

oh & ps...be sure to check out paula prass's blog (click on her name) you will LOVE what she did with the fabric! i need to make that cake!!!

Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

yipee,
i sure missed you! i was so worried. glad to see your back in action and feeling bette. WHAT a GREAT quilt... love the fabric.
margi

dotti white said...

I am glad that you are feeling better! I absolutely love that quilt and I am sure that it will mean alot to Sissy! Have a great trip!

Ellyn said...

beautiful quilt! I hope she has a great year. Glad to hear you are feeling better. welcome back

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Julie! It's GORGEOUS! I just saw the cutest girly bedroom with pink walls and black furniture that that quilt would be PERFECT in. I LOVE that quilt!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Oh, we're still here. You take care of yourself, the little one and sissy too.
That quilt is gorgeous.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Her quilt is beautiful! Perfect for this exciting time! Hope the morning sickness is getting better...I can totally relate with you! Ughhh...

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Marie Rayner said...

so glad that you are feeling better! What a beautiful quilt. I just love the fabrics. Safe journey taking your daughter to Uni. Hope all goes well!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Lovely quilt. Hope she enjoys uni.
Glad you are feeling better now.

Unknown said...

Oh, the Summer Soiree quilt is absolutely beautiful! I want to show it off for you! When you have time, put a pic in my Summer Soiree Flickr group. Glad you got through morning sickness to make this..what love for your daughter!

Nanette Merrill said...

cute cute quilt

Katherine said...

The quilt is beautiful! What a wonderful thing for her to be able to take with her as she moves away. You are the best mom. Drive safely. I hope you all have a great trip.

Miller Racing Family said...

The quilt is beautiful. We will be praying for you and your family as you take Sissy to college. I can remember how difficulty that day was for me and my family.
I am glad you are feeling better. To tell the truth I didn't even know you were expecting.
Have a great weekend.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

The quilt is beautiful! How fun will it be on her bed away from home! ♥

Alex said...

I saw Paula's site.. You were there! so excited for you..congrats..
Big hugs.
Alex